Find it here at Google!!

Custom Search

Thursday, July 24, 2008

1926 Studebaker Bix Six ...........My father's early 1970's barn find




This car my father found well before I was born..........The lore is that he traded a fire truck chassis for this 1926 Studebaker...........I believe it is called the EP Big Six Brougham. I guess that the chickens were all over it ..............As I find the pictures again I will post them. The roof was gone (which is now some fabric roofing material of some kind). The engine was in pieces but all there.........SOLID car, and built literally like at tank.





As it stands today the car is very complete, and my father has done minimal restorations on it (such as the wood wheels with new wide white walls and the various chrome items). Otherwise, it is painted in flat black.

This would be a gorgeous car restored someday...........It runs like a Swiss watch right now, and is kind of fun to navigate as is. What a conversation piece...............I have only ever come across a couple others similar.

This runs an in line six cylinder engine that is enormous, and has lots of low end torque. I have heard the old timers say that they can remember using these for just the running chassis to run various farm equipment.............I could not even imagine what this weighs.

More to come on this as I sift through various picture boxes from over the years......I know those pictures are somewhere of it being dragged out of the barn it was "found in".

No comments: